You can request your repeat medication by indicating the items you require on the tear-off slip of your prescription, and posting it to us or handing it in at the practice reception. If you enclose a stamped self addressed envelope we will post your prescription to you.
To order you repeat prescription on-line please ask a member of our reception team about how to access GP on-line services.
Changes to repeat prescriptions from 31st January 2020
Why is it changing?
- To prevent over ordering
- Reduce the cost of waste medicines to the NHS
- Allows your GP to prescribe and monitor your medication more easily
- This is in line with other local GP practices and CCGs nationally.
- Despite working closely with local pharmacies, significant ordering errors have continued.
Who will the changes affect?
The changes will affect anyone who has a regular repeat prescription that is ordered by a pharmacy or 3rd party on your behalf.
What is changing?
From 31st January Pharmacies will no longer be able to order repeat prescriptions on your behalf
You will now need to order your repeat prescription directly from the practice by:
- Ordering online – (Ask our reception team to print your login details)
- Dropping your repeat prescription request off at the practice.
- Posting your repeat prescription request to the practice
If you are worried about the change or would like further help with setting up your online GP services account please ask the reception team.