Please note that we are closed from 12pm 13/10/2020 for staff training.
Staying safe when you need medical care from GP practice
- Do not come in to the surgery for routine care if you have any symptoms of Covid-19 (Cough, high temperature, loss of smell or taste)
- If you need any medical help or advice contact us by phone and a GP will triage your request.
If your GP decides that a face to face assessment is necessary, they will book an appointment for you to be seen by the duty doctor in the afternoon. Here is some important information about your visit to help keep you and our staff safe.
- Come in at your appointment time, not before. This is to minimise the amount of time spent in the surgery and avoid having more than 1 person in the waiting room at a time.
- Please come to your appointment alone unless you are accompanying a child or vulnerable adult.
- Stand in the area marked out in the waiting area and let the receptionist know you have an appointment.
- Please wear a face covering or mask to your appointment. This needs to be well fitted and covering both your mouth and nose.
- We have a hand sanitiser in the waiting room, please use this before going through to the consulting room.
- The GP or Nurse you see will be wearing full PPE this means a mask, apron, gloves and visor
Please read this important communication from the Government about social distancing
Please be aware that our Ashfield site is temporarily closed due to the Covid-19 out break. All requests for appointments will be put on a telephone triage list where a GP or Nurse will call you back.
Click here for more information.
Changes to repeat prescriptions from 31st January 2020
From 31st January Pharmacies will no longer be able to order repeat prescriptions on your behalf.
Click here to find out more.
New Opening Hours
We have held our first PPG after relaunching the group this summer. Thanks to those PPG members who attended. We had some really good ideas to improve communication and recruit more PPG members to ensure that we have a diverse group that represents the practice population. To see the minutes from the meeting click here.
Online Consultations Update
We have done our first week of online GP consultations and had some brilliant feedback from patients about the service.
Our average response time for queries before 12pm has been 30 minutes
Patients have been able to obtain treatment and advice without coming to the surgery
We have found that patients who consult online but still need to be seen in person by a GP take less time to be seen due the detailed information given online
Keeping in touch.......
Our Summer News letter is available here, in the Surgery or on our
Please be aware that there have been confirmed cases of measles in the area. For advice on vaccinations or symptoms click the links below. If you are unsure and want further advice please contact the surgery.
Extended Access appointments - Seacroft Hospital and St Georges Minor Injuries Unit
To access a routine GP appointment during the out of hours period, Monday to Friday 6.30 - 8.00pm, Saturdays 8 and to 2pm and Sundays 8am to midday, please call 0113 206 2049. Outside of these hours, please contact Ashfield Medical Centre to book.
We now have a clinical pharmacist working at the practice. As a specialist in medicine, you can see her if you have medication related problems to discuss rather than seeing a GP. As at reception.
Visit us on Facebook